The Edinburgh Parkinson’s Lecture 2014
Professor Tony Schapira, of University College London, delivered the third Edinburgh Parkinson’s Lecture to a capacity audience at the Royal College of Physicians, 9 Queen Street, Edinburgh on the evening of Thursday 15th May 2014 .
The lecture was entitled
‘Recent Advances in the Cause and Treatment of Parkinson’s’
and provided the audience with a masterly review of the field.
Professor Schapira is Head of the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at UCL Institute of Neurology, Dean of UCL Royal Free Campus and Vice-Dean of UCL.
You can download:
- the overhead slides as either Powerpoint or pdf by clicking on one of the following links:
- The audio recording of the lecture, in mp3 format (please note that some sections involve more than one file):
- Opening remarks by Dr Nicki Colledge (mp3,1.5Mb)
- Introduction of speaker by Professor Chandran (mp3,7.1Mb)
- Lecture part 1 (mp3, 7.3Mb)
- Lecture part 2 (mp3, 7.3Mb)
- Lecture part 3 (mp3, 7.3Mb)
- Lecture part 4 (mp3, 6.8Mb)
- Lecture part 5 (mp3, 6.8Mb)
- Lecture part 6 (mp3, 7.2Mb)
- Lecture part 7 (mp3, 3.9Mb)
- Discussion part 1 (mp3, 7.3Mb)
- Discussion part 2 (mp3, 7.2Mb)
- Discussion part 3 (mp3, 5.3Mb)
- Closing remarks by Dr Katie Le Blond (mp3,7.8Mb)
- Vote of thanks by Professor Bowler (mp3, 1.6Mb)
- A summary of the lecture written by an Edinburgh Branch member.
You can view photographs of the event by clicking on this link