We are the local branch of Parkinson’s UK in Scotland for Edinburgh and the Lothians, run by a Branch Committee and dedicated team of volunteers who believe there is much more to life than the condition suggests. We offer friendship, community and activities to help support quality of life for those with Parkinson’s, their families and friends.
Established in 1971, the Branch has a sound history of:
- shared experience and mutual support to overcome challenges
- activities to help improve physical and mental wellbeing
- a keen interest in treatment improvements and clinical research
- representing Parkinson’s interests to NHS Lothian and associated organisations
- fund-raising activities to support the branch and Parkinson’s research.
Have a look at the what we offer page to get an idea of all that we do. Our photo gallery should give you a sense of how sociable we are and ready to enjoy ourselves. And comments on what the branch means to me will give you an idea of how existing Branch Members feel they have benefitted from being part of our community.
Come and join us!
More than anything we invite you to come and join us. We will be very pleased to see you! Our drop-in Parkinson’s Café is a good place to start. And if you would like to talk to one of us first, please contact our Secretary Olivia Bell on 07531 150097 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Parkinson’s UK Support Groups in the Lothians
There are other Groups in the Lothians. They are