Useful links to learn more about research into Parkinson’s.
- Details of current research projects funded by Parkinson’s UK
- Parkinson’s UK Research Support Network (RSN) brings together people driven to help find a cure and better treatments for Parkinson’s
- The incidence and prevalence of Parkinson’s in the UK
- The Science of Parkinson’s – an excellent blog from the Deputy Director of Research at the Cure Parkinson’s Trust
- Science Daily – Parkinson’s Research News
- MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Edinburgh
The EuroStemCell consortium has produced an excellent 16-minute video telling the story of the discovery of induced pluripotent stem cells. They are now being used to develop transplant therapies for Parkinson’s: