Could you support the Art Group’s success at the Botanic Cottage?
Led by Lindsay, with enthusiastic support from volunteers Katrina and Alexa, our Parkinson’s Art Group has successfully re-established regular Thursday afternoon sessions at the beautiful Botanic Cottage at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
We now need an extra Volunteer to attend and support Thursday afternoon sessions which run from 1pm to 3pm. Volunteers provide a helpful presence and simple practical support that makes these valuable sessions workable and well worthwhile. An online volunteer induction process is provided by Parkinson’s UK.
Art can make a special difference to living with Parkinson’s. To apply, please contact Olivia Bell, Branch Secretary. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Light duties include the following:
- Work in Liaison with group coordinator (Katrina), other support volunteer (Alexa),
and RBGE Community Engagement Team (Laura)
- Prepare studio workspace as needed and attend sessions.
- Welcome participants, support their arrival to the cottage, and provide them with
- Give cheerful, simple support to participants as may be appropriate during art
- Assisting in clearing up and closure of the sessions.
- Monitor activity in sessions, and suggest improvements to this description whenever appropriate
- Background preparation: Complete Parkinson’s UK online Volunteer Induction