What happened at WPC Montréal?
Bellevue Chapel, Saturday 30th November 2013
A symposium at which our Branch delegates to the World Parkinson Congress, Mo Morgan, Simon Wilkinson and Werner Remmele (seen right to left in the photo), reported on their experiences and talked about the highlights of Congress from a personal perspective. We also heard impressions of the Congress from Fella Hammachi. a member of Tilo Kunath’s research group at the Scottish Centre for Regenerative Medicine.
The programme for the day was:
- Welcome and Introduction – Ken Bowler, Chair, Research Interest Group
- Report on Pre-Congress and Day 1: Why and how neurons die (Mo, Simon and Werner)
- Report on Day 2: Non-motor symptoms (Mo, Simon and Werner)
- Report on Day 3: New views on the management of PD (Mo, Simon and Werner)
- Report by Fella Hammachi (Centre for Regenerative Medicine).
- Panel Discussion
- For a short summary of the meeting by Sheila Edward click on this link.
- For pdf downloads of the Team’s presentation click on the links below. These do not include the video clips shown during the meeting but most of these are available via the WPC app on the WPC website.
- You can download a pdf of Fella’s presentation by clicking on this link.
- The final report by our delegates can also be downloaded by clicking on WPC Final Report