The World Parkinson Congress 2023 is looking for volunteers who:
- Are available from Monday, July 3 to Friday, July 7, 2023 with a smaller number of volunteer positions open Saturday and Sunday, July 3rd & 4th
- Be available for at least 22 hours over the course of the week.
- Can speak fluent English, Spanish, or both
- Are energetic and have a positive attitude
- Are responsible, reliable, friendly and resourceful
- Can attend a training course on Sunday, July 2, 2023 or Monday, July 3, 2023, Time TBD
- Can be responsible for own travel and accommodation plans and expenses
- Have previous volunteer experience
- A training course on Sunday, July 2, 2023 or Monday, July 3, 2023 (mandatory – time to be determined, but afternoon is most likely)
- Coffee breaks in the volunteer room
- Three T-shirts
- A meal voucher before or after each 5 hour shift
- Free entry to the sessions and/or events when you are not working
- Free learning opportunity in sessions where you are volunteering
- A rewarding experience and the opportunity to meet some of the most highly regarded Parkinson’s clinical researchers, basic scientists, and advocates living with Parkinson’s today
- A reference for your CV
- An amazing experience!
Regarding volunteers with physical challenges or disabilities:
Every effort will be made to allow participation by volunteers with physical challenges. Regardless of a volunteer’s physical capabilities, she/he must be able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner in order to best assist Congress attendees. A variety of tasks will require volunteers, so if movement is a challenge, a stationary job will be assigned.
Steps to become a WPC 2023 Volunteer:
1. Apply through the online volunteer application form.
2. Within two weeks, we will review your application on a rolling basis and contact you.
3. If accepted, they will send you a code to register for the WPC 2023.
Areas of the congress where volunteers will be asked to assist: