We held a Branch Symposium on 27th November 2010 to discuss the lessons of the WPC.
Members who attended the Congress talked about what they found interesting and important at it.
The speakers shown above (L to R) are Tilo Kunath, Jamie Love, Mo Morgan, Ken Bowler, Liz Mcbain, Annet Mackay, Christine Love, Patrick Mark.
Topics presented included
- Alpha-Synuclein & the Immune System
- Gene and Cell-based therapies
- Genetics and beyond
- The impact of Tom Isaacs and other PwP speakers
- Neuroprotection & Biomarkers
- Nutrition Issues for Parkinson’s
- Multidisciplinary teams for Parkinson’s
- ParkinsonsNet and Physiotherapy standards
Also a musical feature. The Parkinson’s song by Liz and the Rap group!
The event was hosted by Parkinson’s UK Research Fellow Dr Tilo Kunath and the Institute of Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh. The Branch is extremely grateful to Dr Kunath for enabling it to use the excellent facilities at Kings Buildings.