We received information and request to held find participants for some research. Please see the details below.
Speech and language therapy for slurring of speech
There is an opportunity for people with Parkinson’s to take part in some research looking at experiences of therapy for slurred speech.
Who do the researchers need?
- 50+ people diagnosed with Parkinson’s or a medical condition that causes slurred speech
- You must be currently or have previously attended speech and language therapy for your slurred speech
What is involved?
Completing a one off online questionnaire which should take no longer than 15 minutes. You’ll be asked about your speech, what therapies you’ve received and how you feel about new therapies. For more information, please read the participant information sheet.
The aim of the research is to find out:
- How important communication and speaking is for people with slurred speech
- The views people with slurred speech have about speech and language therapy
- If people would be interested in taking part in research into new treatments for slurred speech
Interested in taking part?
Please go to the Take Part Hub to find a link to the online questionnaire before 31 December 2022.
For questions about the research or issues using the online questionnaire, contact Pasquale via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0114 22 22446.